Friday, February 28, 2020

Due Mon/Tues

Please finish your reading of Ros and Guil for Monday or Tuesday.

We are planning on our Drama test on Wed/Thurs of this week.  Approximate question breakdown is available below.

Works covered:  Hamlet, Tartuffe, A Doll’s House, Death of a Salesman, A Raisin in the Sun, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

 Authors of all of the plays

 All character names (correct spelling preferred—or at least close)

 Drama Terms
o aside, soliloquy, monologue, dramatic irony, stichomythia


 Shakespearean Drama Terms and general knowledge
o Groundlings, foil, blank verse, prose

Test format:

100 Questions (Multiple Choice! Can you believe it?)

 23 True/False Questions
 5 event timeline questions for each play
 Quotations identification
 Term identification
 Author Identification
 Character Identification

Practice Quotation ID's below:

1. Almost everyone who goes bad in early in life has a mother who’s a chronic liar.

2. My, my, what lovely lacework on your dress!
The workmanship’s miraculous, no less.
I’ve not seen anything to equal it.

3. Ay, springes to catch woodcocks. I do know
When the blood burns, how prodigal the soul
Lends the tongue vows.

5. Tomorrow I’m going home—I mean, home where I came from. It’ll be easier up there to find something to do.

6. It’s hard to be a faithful wife, in short,
To certain husbands of a certain sort,
And he who gives his daughter to a man she hates
Must answer for her sins at Heaven’s gates.

7. If he doesn’t buckle down, he’ll flunk math!

8. Set your mind at rest.
If it is a question of soothsayers, I tell you
That you will find no man whose craft gives knowledge
Of the unknowable.

9. If only we two shipwrecked people could reach across to each other.

10. There’s a vast difference, so it seems to me,
Between true piety and hypocrisy:
How do you fail to see it, may I ask?
Is not a face quite different from a mask?


12. …I oughta be makin’ my future. That’s when I come running home. And now, I get here, and I don’t know what to do with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment